vCanada National Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roads/Military base

+2
rivereoferep
robert bayer
6 posters

Go down

Roads/Military base Empty Roads/Military base

Post by robert bayer Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:32 pm

I posted this over at the original forums before seeing that we had new ones.

May I ask what the benefits/costs are of building a military base as opposed to building roads?

Granted, my knowledge of the game is somewhat limited as I'm relatively new here, but here are my thoughts (Please correct me if I'm wrong):

* Military Base -- good for increasing citizen XP as well as preparing national military forces. (Though I'm not sure how much more XP that would get us as a nation, given the fact that we have militia training already)
* Roads -- good for increasing national production and expanding our economy.

Now from what I gather our economy is in trouble, so it seems to me that the best thing to do might be to just invest in roads right now. To be honest, I don't really see any military threats in the near future (it seems that most people are likely more focused on building up their national economy).
robert bayer
robert bayer

Forum Usage : 18

Back to top Go down

Roads/Military base Empty Re: Roads/Military base

Post by rivereoferep Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:06 pm

For now, roads should be put off until we can make an MB. It is a hefty cost and with roads put in it would be a tight fit, maybe even the beginnings of ailments for our finances.

rivereoferep

Forum Usage : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Carnage Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey Robert, it's a good point you make but there's a couple of reasons why I think we need to prioritise the MB over roads at this time.

Personally I think the highest priority we have at the moment is population growth. All economic, military, social goals rely on growing the population. A lot of people are interested in military and training up and I believe we will lose people to countries that DO have a MB if we don't build one.

So it isn't so much about military goals trumping economic ones, it's more like population growth trumping everything.
Chris Carnage
Chris Carnage

Forum Usage : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by Manic Eskimo Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:34 am

I would add that there is no real need for a production boost at the moment except in the housing industry. Products on our markets are building up as it is.

Manic Eskimo

Forum Usage : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernst Thälmann Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:17 am

indeed there is overproduction everywhere (which is also a reason why the economy is fucked up Razz)
Ernst Thälmann
Ernst Thälmann

Forum Usage : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Valshannar Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:19 pm

We could try and export our excess products to other nations. Though at first it would be a set back due to export license prices, in the end it would help with the over production problem.
Mark Valshannar
Mark Valshannar

Forum Usage : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Carnage Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:26 am

Agree Mark, it will also help us earn some vBux.

I think we probably need to wait until after the redistribution of raw materials though, as that may change the economic landscape considerably...
Chris Carnage
Chris Carnage

Forum Usage : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum